At Heavers Farm and Selsdon schools we create our class blogs using http://www.wordpress.com. If you have made a video, perhaps for homework, you can share it with us using by the steps below.
STEP ONE – set up a youtube account
• Create a free youtube account on http://www.youtube.com.
STEP TWO – make your video
• Make your video using a phone, tablet or camera.
• If you want the video to be used on the blog please do not include video of children either saying their own or on another’s full names or other personal details (e.g. a child coming out of their front door).
STEP THREE – upload your video to youtube
• Many devices allow uploads direct to youtube. If not, upload via your home computer.
• You can upload your video as: (i) private, (ii) unlisted; or (iii) public. To be viewable by the school it must be either “unlisted” or “public”. We make our videos “unlisted” as this allows them to be viewed through our blog but NOT come up in a youtube search.
STEP FOUR – post the video URL to the blog
• Log into youtube and select “Video Manager” from the top bar menu.
• Click on the button to “Edit” your video.
• Copy the “Video URL” (it will look something like this http://youtu.be/uvd4iwmLmJ4)
• Paste this URL into a comment on either the school blog or your child’s class blog.